Understanding China's Next Move - CKGSB Europe
The Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business (CKGSB) is offering an exciting one day flagship training program about China entitled: UNDERSTANDING CHINA'S NEXT MOVE. This intensive course will give European executives the latest China market insights and explain how to do business with a changing China. The course contains the following 5 modules:
- Win in China - Formulas and Business Models (with case studies and group discussions): Analysis of multiple business models across a variety of industries will demonstrate exactly what it takes to establish your brand, grow your consumer base and 'win in China'
- Chinese Consumer Behaviour and its Business Opportunities: This session will analyse the latest trend of Chinese consumer behaviours in the mobile internet era and how it differs from Western consumers. We will also study how to capitalise on the business opportunities that are presented by the unique consumer behaviours in China
- E-commerce and Digital Strategy in China: With increasing focus on the internet as the platform for business leaders, learning how to successfully operate online products and services is essential for any forward thinking business
- Cross-cultural Management under Chinese Context: It is essential to understand how to work with and manage a cross-cultural team that do business with China to ensure effectiveness and results
- Negotiation with the Chinese: Often viewed as difficult, mystical and unpredictable, with an in-depth understanding of Chinese negotiating philosophy, culture and tactics, Western executives could develop a complementary strategy to win
With a population of 1.3 billion, China has become the second largest economy and is increasingly playing an important and influential role in the global economy. China’s economic performance over the past 30 years has been remarkable. It is a unique development success story, providing valuable lessons for other countries seeking to emulate this success.
In the next 15 to 20 years, China is well-positioned to join the ranks of the world’s high-income countries. China’s policy makers are already focused on how to change the country’s growth strategy to respond to the new challenges that will come. Among the many strategies, innovation and entrepreneurship have been highlighted in China's 13th Five-Year Plan. Chinese Premier Li Keqiang stressed the role of mass entrepreneurship and innovation in fostering a new engine of growth, calling it a "gold mine" that provides constant source of creativity and wealth.
In promoting innovation and entrepreneurship, many Chinese companies have set up good examples and competitiveness both domestically and globally. MNC CEOs consistently report that the speed of technology innovation has turned established business models upside down in China. Chinese companies are using digital media, big data, and e-commerce in ways that often lead practice in Europe and the United States. They are not just competing with multinationals but are even beating them at their own game. MNCs, by contrast, are seen as often burdened by their experiences over the past 30 years in developed markets, and find themselves struggling to compete with local competitors and increasingly demanding customers. So how the rule of game has been changed in China by innovation? How could MNCs take the commercial battle with their Chinese counterparts?
As your pathway to business with China, 2017 CKGSB Understanding China’s Next Move Program will focus on concepts and practice of innovation and entrepreneurship in China, and may inspire you with answers to the above puzzles. Innovation-themed topics ranging from globalization of Chinese companies, science & technology innovation, marketing innovation, as well as first-hand innovation cases from Chinese companies will be elaborated in width and depth by CKGSB’s world-class faculty.
By immersing participants into the China’s contemporary context with a global perspective, CKGSB helps explore the key elements of China’s social and business environment. You will learn from CKGSB’s world-class faculty in the classroom and benefit from the rich experience of industry speakers. You will investigate various case studies and become involved in team projects, group discussions, company visits and cultural activities. You will also learn from and network with high-profile executives from China and around the world.
The 2017 program, themed at Innovation & Entrepreneurship in China, will help your understanding of:
- How to leverage China’s opportunities in your company’s global strategy
- How the innovation of Chinese companies is affecting your operations in, and with, China
- How entrepreneurship and lean start-up in China are creating new business opportunities
- How key functional areas, such as global strategy, technological innovation and supply chain management, truly work in China
- LAST BUT NOT LEAST, how to succeed in the world’s most dynamic market
For more information, contact George Dodge, Business Development Associate, CKGSB: email@example.com