Actions and Detail Panel
Understanding Domestic Abuse
Thu 30 March 2017, 09:30 – 16:00 BST
A training day aimed at local practioners working with people that may have experienced domestic abuse.
The Learning outcomes are:
- To understand better what domestic violence is and the current definition used in the UK
- Be able to define Domestic Abuse as Physical violence, Sexual violence, Psychological or Emotional abuse, Financial or Economic abuse, Stalking and Harassment
- Be able to appreciate the physical, psychological & Physiological impact of domestic abuse on those who experience it and how it affects their behaviours and choices.
- Be able to clearly understand that Domestic Abuse is targeted, look out for early signs of it, and learn that there are no excuses for perpetrating Abuse
- Understand the main issues of providing a sensitive and appropriate service to a victim, children and young people experiencing domestic abuse
- Understand how abusers will misuse any Power & control over a victim - using the Duluth Power & Control Wheel
LWA are running two training weeks to raise awareness of domestic and sexual abuse and the services available in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. Please review the rest of our training programme.