- Support staff from care settings (including volunteers) who work directly with people with dementia and staff who are nominated activity co-ordinators.
Increase your understanding of what make activity meaningful, and how to personalise an activity programme to address the social and emotional needs of people living with dementia.
- Presentations and group activities
- Understand the impact of dementia on the person and apply the principles of person centred care when facilitating activity
- Recognise that people with dementia are free to engage in personal and social activities of their choice in an enabling environment irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, cultural, or other needs.
- Be able to support colleagues and family carers to be involved in person centred activity which enhances the wellbeing of the person.
- Understanding how to effectively adapt activities for people at different points of their dementia journey.
A certificate will be awarded, this could be used, for example, for revalidation with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) or CPD portfolios
To be entitled to a refund all cancellations MUST be received in writing no later than 2 weeks prior to the event date. An 80% refund will be given if cancelled more than 4 weeks prior to the event and 50% refund if less than 4 weeks’ notice is given. No refund will be given if cancellations are received within 2 weeks before the event. Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcomed.
For more information please contact Lesley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01786 467740.