Actions and Detail Panel
Understanding & Preventing Aggression for Dog Owners with Carolyn Menteith...
Wed 18 January 2017, 13:30 – 15:00 GMT
With Carolyn Menteith
Carolyn (DipCABT, KCAI and member of PPG) is a dog trainer and behaviourist with over 20 years’ experience of working with dogs, both here Carolyn-pic and overseas. She is often seen on TV and radio and regularly talks and teaches at events such as Crufts, Discover Dogs and at the International Companion Animal Welfare Conference. Carolyn is a prolific writer about dogs, dog training, dog behaviour, dog care and dog welfare in national magazines and books for the past fourteen years and has been involved in creating:
- A series of videos called “Dog Training Made Easy”
- An app entitled “You and Your Puppy” for Dogs Trust
- “The Puppy Plan” – a joint initiative between the Kennel Club and Dogs Trust
In 2015 Carolyn was presented with the KCAI Dog Trainer of the Year award at Crufts.
She is passionate about reward-based dog training and has a strong desire to improve the life of as many of the nation’s dogs (and owners!) as possible.
The talk will discuss topics on;
- It's not just 'bad dogs' that bite - why every dog can bite...
- What is aggression and how do we prevent it?
- How can we teach our dogs to be safe - and keep everyone safe from our dogs?