Aimed at practising therapists, coaches, counsellors and NLPers, this unique workshop will give you essential information and resources to help you in your practice including:
• an overview of the framework of psychiatric systems
• an understanding of diagnostic systems and psychiatric labels
• an understanding of risk assessment as regards working with clients with a psychiatric history
• information about medication - the differences between tranquillisers and anti-depressants and how medication may affect therapeutic interventions
• an overview of the Mental Health Act 1983
• an understanding of how to make clear and well-founded decisions on who to work with and who not to work with, and how to work safely.
The training will be fun and thought-provoking. The trainer, Phil Jeremiah, has delivered it to psychiatric teams, universities and counselling organisations.
Testimonials from previous delegates:
“Phil’s training was highly informative and enjoyable.”
“Phil Jeremiah was a down to earth, no nonsense professional. Experienced, engaging and very informative. The day simply flew by. A delightful day. Thank you. ” L Wallace, psychotherapist
“This is a very useful course, especially for anyone who works alone in the community.”
“‘Understanding Psychiatric Systems’ is thought provoking, informative and very useful in helping to prepare me to be aware of risks and empowering me to take appropriate steps to ensure good practice in supporting clients. Thank you.”
“If you want to experience real, practical learning, go and join Phil on one of his courses – you will enjoy it and never forget it!”