Understanding & Supporting People with Paranoia & Beliefs
Hear from experts by experience and profession
Please note this is a 2-day course:
- 10.00 - 4.30pm Wednesday 7th September 2016
- 10.00 - 4.30pm Thursday 8th September 2016
About The Course:
- Do you want to find out a bit more about the experience of paranoia and beliefs?
- Are you supporting someone and want to improve your knowledge and confidence?
- Or perhaps you already run a Hearing Voices Group and want to extend your awareness and skills?
The course will cover the following main areas:
- Understanding the experience of Paranoia and Beliefs
- Different ways of making sense and coping with Paranoia and Beliefs
- Testimony from people with lived experience
About The Trainer:
Molly Carroll has lived experience of paranoia, overwhelming beliefs and developing peer support approaches in this area.
About Mind in Camden:
Mind in Camden has been working since 2005 to develop a network of around 60 peer support groups across London for people who hear voices or experience distressing beliefs. This network is maintained with regular facilitator network meetings, and regular training courses. We ran a three-year funded project from January 2012 designed to extend the original Hearing Voices peer support model to cater for people experiencing beliefs. The result is that 20 of the 60 peer support groups of this kind Londonwide — are for people who experience ‘paranoia’ and the distress that can be related to beliefs.
£15 People with their own lived experience of paranoia & distressing beliefs
£120 Voluntary organisations and unfunded individuals (including students)
£190 Statutory & commercial organisations (including NHS, Council & Private)
You can pay using the following methods:
- Pay online via this Eventbrite website
- If you need to pay by another method, please contact John Wetherell on 020 7241 8978 or email email@example.com
1. We require payment before the first day of training.
2. We expect this course to book up quickly. As such, those who cancel their place less than 7 days before the first day of the course may be charged an admin fee of £25. Those cancelling their place less than 24 hours before the event may be charged the full price of their ticket.
3. This training course will include topics that can be very emotive, such as paranoia, distressing beliefs, self harm, suicide, trauma and personal testimonies. Please only attend if you feel able to keep yourself safe in this setting. Please contact John before booking if you'd like to know more.
5. This course runs over two days. Please only book a place if you can attend both days.
6. The registration form asks various questions to make sure that this is the right course for you. Please answer them honestly and, if this course is not the one for you, please do not book a place. If we have any queries John will be in touch to discuss your application. We reserve the right to cancel your place if necessary.
For more information, please contact:
Mind in Camden, Barnes House, 9-15 Camden Rd, London, NW1 9LQ
020 7241 8978 | firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
Mind in Camden
Mind in Camden provides high quality support and capacity building services to benefit people who are struggling with mental distress
For more info, see: www.mindincamden.org.uk