Mind in Camden's London Paranoia & Beliefs Project Presents:
Understanding & Supporting People with Paranoia & Distressing Beliefs
Please note: This is a one & a half day course
9.30am - 4.30pm Tuesday 7th January 2014
& 9.30pm - 1.30pm Thursday 9th January 2014
Hear from experts by experience and profession.
About The Course:
- Do you want to find out a bit more about the experience of paranoia and beliefs?
- Are you supporting someone and want to improve your knowledge and confidence?
- Or perhaps you already run a Hearing Voices group and want to brush up in your awareness and skills around paranoia and beliefs?
The course will cover the following main areas:
- Understanding the experience of ‘Paranoia’ and the distress that can be related to beliefs
- Different ways of making sense and coping with paranoia and beliefs
- Testimony from people with lived experience
About The Trainer:
Molly Carroll has lived experience of paranoia, overwhelming beliefs and developing peer support approaches in this area.
About The Project:
Mind in Camden's London Paranoia & Beliefs Project is working to develop a sustainable London-wide network of peer support groups for people who struggle with paranoia and/or beliefs. We work in partnership with the National Paranoia Network. It is part of the wider London Hearing Voices Project, which has years of experience supporting the development of peer support groups for people with overwhelming experiences.
People with substantial lived experience of paranoia
Statutory & commercial organisations (including NHS, Council & Private)
If you are unsure which fee category applies to you, please contact John before booking.
1. We require payment before the conference. You can pay online via eventbrite or by sending us a cheque, made payable to Mind in Camden. You will receive a receipt as part of the booking process.
2. We expect this course to book up quickly. As such, those who cancel their place less than 7 days before the first day of the course may be charged an admin fee of £25. Those cancelling their place less than 24 hours before the event may be charged the full price of their ticket.
3. If you are applying for a FREE ticket, please be aware that there are a limited number of free tickets available. If you have access to funding through work, or are able to self-fund - please pay the appropriate fee. We want to use free places to benefit those who have lived experience and could not otherwise afford to attend.
4. This training course will include topics that can be very emotive, such as paranoia, distressing beliefs, self harm, suicide, trauma and personal testimonies. Please only attend if you feel able to keep yourself safe in this setting. Please contact John before booking if you'd like to know more.
5. This course runs over one and a half days. Please only book a place if you can attend both days.
6. The registration form asks various questions to make sure that this is the right course for you. Please answer them honestly and, if this course is not the one for you, please do not book a place. If we have any queries John will be in touch to discuss your application. We reserve the right to cancel your place if necessary.
For more information, please contact:
Mind in Camden, Crossfields Centre, 8 Fairhazel Gardens, London, NW3 3SG
020 7625 9042 (Option 3) | firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
Mind in Camden
Mind in Camden provides high quality support and capacity building services to benefit people who are struggling with mental distress
For more info, see: www.mindincamden.org.uk