Mind in Camden presents:
Understanding & Supporting People with Voices & Beliefs
Please note: This is a 2-day course
10.00am - 4.30pm Wednesday 16th September
10.00am - 4.30pm Thursday 24th September 2015
Hear from experts by experience and profession.
About The Course:
- Do you want to find out a bit more about the experience of voices and beliefs?
- Are you supporting someone and want to improve your knowledge and confidence?
- Or perhaps you already run a Hearing Voices group and/or a Paranoia & Beliefs Group and want to brush up in your awareness and skills?
The course will cover the following main areas:
- Understanding the experience of Voices and Beliefs
- Different ways of making sense and coping with voices and beliefs
- Testimony from people with lived experience
About The Trainer:
Molly Carroll has lived experience of paranoia, overwhelming beliefs and developing peer support approaches in this area.
About Mind in Camden:
Mind in Camden has been working since 2005 to develop a network of over 40 peer support groups across London for people who hear voices. As well as maintaining this network with regular facilitator network meetings, and running regular training courses for Hearing Voices Group Facilitators, we also ran a three-year funded project from January 2012 delivering Paranoia & Beliefs Group Facilitation training, and setting up a network of over 20 peer support groups Londonwide — for people who experience ‘paranoia’ and the distress that can be related to beliefs.
|£12||People with their own lived experience of voices and/or paranoia|
Voluntary organisations and unfunded individuals (including students)
|£220||Statutory & commercial organisations (including NHS, Council & Private)|
You can pay using the following methods:
- Online via this Eventbrite website
- By cheque payable to 'Mind in Camden'; send to John Wetherell, Mind in Camden, Barnes House, 9-15 Camden Rd, London NW1 9LQ (please mark clearly what it is for). You will receive a receipt as part of the booking process.
- If your organisation cannot pay except with an invoice, please contact John Wetherell on 020 7241 8978 or email email@example.com
1. We require payment before the first day of training.
2. We expect this course to book up quickly. As such, those who cancel their place less than 7 days before the first day of the course may be charged an admin fee of £25. Those cancelling their place less than 24 hours before the event may be charged the full price of their ticket.
3. This training course will include topics that can be very emotive, such as paranoia, distressing beliefs, self harm, suicide, trauma and personal testimonies. Please only attend if you feel able to keep yourself safe in this setting. Please contact John before booking if you'd like to know more.
5. This course runs over one and a half days. Please only book a place if you can attend both days.
6. The registration form asks various questions to make sure that this is the right course for you. Please answer them honestly and, if this course is not the one for you, please do not book a place. If we have any queries John will be in touch to discuss your application. We reserve the right to cancel your place if necessary.
For more information, please contact:
Mind in Camden, Barnes House, 9-15 Camden Rd, London, NW1 9LQ
020 7241 8978 | firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
Mind in Camden
Mind in Camden provides high quality support and capacity building services to benefit people who are struggling with mental distress
For more info, see: www.mindincamden.org.uk