Actions and Detail Panel
Understanding the News Media - Free event for Academics and Researchers
Thu 27 April 2017, 14:00 – 16:00 BST
* Are you involved in research and keen to know more about how the news media works?
* Would you like to see the findings of your research covered in the news?
* Would you like to feel more comfortable dealing with journalists?
The event will be organised by the Education Media Centre a charity set up to get more academic research in education into the news.
The afternoon will include:
* Why researchers and journalists should engage with each other
* How journalists find stories and the role of the press officer
* Opportunities offered by social media
This will offer something different & complementary to practical media training. It’s a chance to talk with media experts and hear the inside knowledge and advice. We hope it will be a stimulating, useful and enjoyable discussion.