Understanding traumatic bereavement
Wednesday, 6 December 2017 from 10:00 to 16:00 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Gain understanding of how the traumatic nature of a death may impact grief and learn how therapeutic opportunities can clear the way for the grieving process.
- gain an understanding of what constitutes a traumatic event and how it impacts upon people
- gain an understanding of how the traumatic nature of death may impede grief
- gain an understanding of how therapy and therapeutic opportunities can diminish the traumatic effects, clearing the path for the grieving process
- recognise the role of the family and other adults around children in assisting them to “process” their traumatic experiences
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
Suitable for all those whose work involves supporting those traumatically bereaved.
Save This Event
When & Where
Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK is recognised as the UK's leading provider of training for professionals working with bereaved families across the UK.
We support families and educate professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement.
Currently the charity trains around 8,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website and family bereavement support in locations around the UK.