Show Racism the Red Card is a leading anti-racism educational charity with extensive experience of delivering equality training. This FREE event has been subsidised by your Union and aimed at Unison Reps and Activists.
This training aims to:
- Explore the barriers to promoting equality and tackling racism within the workplace
- Help delegates better understand legislation relating to equality
- Enable delegates to recognise racist incidents and explore how to respond to them most effectively
- Encourage participants to embed equality throughout their workplace
- Explore appropriate language relating to ethnicity
- Inform participants how they can be more involved in Unison campaigning
Racism and hate crime are sadly on the increase. The contemporary context calls more than ever for those working in and with communities to be well informed, skilled, confident and able to respond to racism and inequality.
This training aims to offer participants an open, non judgemental environment to explore issues relating to racism and consider practical strategies to challenge negative attitudes and create safe, welcoming and inclusive space
Tea, coffee and lunch will be provided!