Actions and Detail Panel
University of Chester - Cybersecurity Conference 2017
Tue, March 28, 2017, 5:00 PM – 9:30 PM
University of Chesters' STEMs society will be hosting a Cybersecurity Conference on the 28th March 2017. The aim of this event is to raise awareness of Cybersecurity, build professional working networking opportunities, and encourage future careers/work placements.
Students, staff, and guests are welcome.
The guest speakers are:
- Taz Wake – Cybersecurity and Risk Consultant at Halkyn Consulting Ltd
- James Simpson – Cybersecurity Consultant & Director at Secti Ltd
- Matt Hull – MSc Student at the University of Chester & Detective Constable at Cheshire Constabulary
- David Baker - IS Information & Applications Manager
- Detective Superintendent Jon Betts - Head of Criminal Justice & Custody at Cheshire Constabulary
*GCHQ were not able to make the event in the end, and was replaced by David Baker.
Free refreshments including pizzas will be available throughout the event.
As Thornton is an access controlled site, all guests will need to submit their returns prior to the event, so that security staff are aware as to who, and how many are on site.
All guests to enter visitor lane upon arrival to TSP. Car Park B
For students and staff:
- Bus to depart Parkgate Campus at 3:45pm from near the Exam Sports Hall / Westminster (Small Hockey Pitch)
- Bus to depart Thornton at 8:30pm
- Final bus to depart Thornton at 9:30pm