University of Hertfordshire's Sports Science Showcase
Learn from the experts about how to get the competitive edge in your sport by combining the power of the mind with the power of the body. Join us for an informative and interactive evening with speakers covering aspects of Sport Psychology and Exercise Physiology followed by a Q and A session to end.
Sport Psychology: gaining and maintaining a ‘head-start’ in sport performance.
- The who, what, where, and when of sport psychology .
- You as a sport psychologist .
- Show-case 1: ‘Into the big freeze’; working with a polar explorer .
- Show-case 2: ‘Our four legged friends’; working with a dog agility competitor .
Exercise Physiology: look after the body, the body looks after performance.
- The who, what, where, and when of exercise physiology?
- Applying exercise physiology to maximise sports performance.
- Show-case 3: working with an elite mountain biker.
- Show-case 4: working with an elite fencer.
Please note* If you register to attend you will receive a confirmation email with your ticket which you will need to print off or display on your phone, and 1 week before a reminder email where you will be able to also download a car parking permit which you will need to display on the dashboard of your car if you are travelling that way.