Based on a beautiful parkland campus, close to Putney and Hammersmith and within easy reach of the West End, we are ranked the best modern university in London according to all three major UK league tables - the Complete University Guide 2016, the Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016 and the Guardian University Guide 2016.
Join us and you’ll become part of a welcoming community of students from across the world and from all types of backgrounds, taught by staff engaged in world-leading research. We offer a personalised academic experience and will help you become the kind of graduate that employers value: a critical thinker, able to adapt to a changing world, and with an ongoing passion for your subject. You can find out more about what studying at Roehampton is like by visiting our Study with us page.
With a history dating back 175 years, we have an excellent research profile, with some of the most highly-regarded academic departments in the UK:
- We are rated number one in the UK for dance research (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Our Department of Humanities is rated in the top five London universities for Classical Civilisation (Guardian University Guide 2017)
- We are ranked best university in London for Criminology (Guardian University Guide 2017)
- Our English and Creative Writing degrees are consistently in the top five in London universities (Guardian University Guide 2016 and 2017)
- We are ranked in the top 10 nationally for Film production and photography (Guardian University Guide 2017)
- 97% overall student satisfaction in Journalism – the highest of any London university (NSS 2016)
- We gained 95% overall student satisfaction for Drama, Theatre and Performance (National Student Survey 2016)
This is simply a snapshot, but don’t just take our word for it though: come and see for yourself. We run a series of Open Days, which will give you the chance for you to meet our friendly staff, explore our campus and try out our facilities.