Fancy yourself a D.I.Y buff or upcycling Queen? Then why not give this class a go, learn a new skill and meet new people.
This upholstery class is aimed at beginners however it doesn't matter how much experience or lack of it you have. The point is that you are interested in learning a new craft or want to carry on with an existing project that you are enthusiastic about.
You will be guided on how to use all the specialist tools to unpick and take apart a drop in dining seat and how to recover a chair seat to transform your tired piece of furniture into a pretty butterfly.
THIS COURSE CAN EITHER BE ATTENDED AS:
1. A 2 WEEK COURSE RUNNING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY, DATES ARE:
16th February & 2nd March 6pm - 9pm
or 30th March & 13th April 6pm - 9pm
2. A FULL DAY INTENSIVE COURSE
16th March 10am - 5pm
27th April 10am - 5pm
Smaller class size
There are a maximum of 4 students for per class meaning you are able to gain the most out of the 2 week course.
Key process: Filled drop-in dining seat
One of the modules that professional upholsterers undertake is the process of making a ‘drop-in’ dining seat. By building up your filling and applying the additional layers of calico and polyester to fabric, every student learns how to tension a fabric with confidence.
By the end of the course learners will be able to
• Strip old upholstery, evaluate the condition of the frame and recognise necessary repairs
• Name and identify tools to be used and demonstrate their safe use
• Identify appropriate filling/stuffing/webbing and how they will be used
• Identify/evaluate/measure suitable fabric/trimmings and how they will be used
• Re-upholster a drop in dining seat using traditional or modern methods.
All materials and tools are included in the course, all you need to bring is your chosen fabric to cover the chair and the drop in seat chair itself. (if you are unsure if your chair is suitable, please send a picture via email to: email@example.com
Refreshments are included