Actions and Detail Panel
Urban Curiosity Walkshop: Bermondsey
Tue 8 November 2016, 11:00 – 13:00 GMT
On your Urban Curiosity Walkshop in Bermondsey you will reclaim time and headspace for creativity.
Best of all?
You will get inspired by London's cityscape and leave armed with practical tips to reframe your digital life and cultivate every day curiosity.
During the two-hour walkshop discover Bermondsey's streets on foot and:
- look up, not down into a glowing screen
- reacquaint yourself with analogue tools: pencil and paper
- consider your relationship with your smart devices
- learn how to reconnect with the urban environment through simple prompts and observational exercises
- boost your creative confidence
- breathe deeply, make eye contact and discover hidden pockets of the city.
Words, concepts, pitches, plans, art, mind maps, arguments and ideas - any of these may come.
Enjoy time to think, notice and dawdle:
- reflect on the notion of learning from the street while you traverse the Kings College Campus and on honing a craft as we move towards Bermondsey Street via Leathermarket and Snowfields
- notice how the cityscape changes from the shiny newness of the Shard to the area's redeveloped tannery buildings. Consider scale and history as we explore this former industrial neighbourhood that has a different contemporary purpose
- fire up your senses in Borough Market and be open to the possibility of conversation with a stranger
- rediscover your creative potential.
- Meet at 11am outside Starbuck's on St Thomas Street which is next door to the entrance to the Shard underneath London Bridge Station.
- End at 1pm at Borough Market.
- There are steps on our route but otherwise it is fairly flat.
- Pencil and notebook included in the ticket price.
- Tickets are non-refundable. You may give/sell your ticket to someone else if you cannot attend on the day.
- Suitable for over 16-year-olds only.