Actions and Detail Panel
Urban Curiosity Walkshop: Mayfair
Fri 14 October 2016, 11:00 – 13:00 BST
On your Urban Curiosity Walkshop in Mayfair you will reclaim time and headspace for creativity.
Best of all?
You will get inspired by London's cityscape and leave armed with practical tips to reframe your digital life and cultivate every day curiosity.
During the two-hour walkshop discover Mayfair's streets on foot and:
- look up, not down into a glowing screen
- reacquaint yourself with analogue tools: pencil and paper
- consider your relationship with your smart devices
- learn how to reconnect with the urban environment through simple prompts and observational exercises
- boost your creative confidence
- breathe deeply, make eye contact and discover hidden pockets of the city.
Words, concepts, pitches, plans, art, mind maps, arguments and ideas - any of these may come.
Enjoy time to think, notice and dawdle:
- take in the beauty and detail of one of London's finest arcades.
- reflect on what art means to you as we meander by the art gallerys of Mayfair
- explore the alleyways in the heart of Mayfair and imagine the iives of those who lived here in past times
- fire up your senses in Shepherd Market and imagine what the walls would reveal if they could tell us the stories they hold.
- consider the artist's relationship to the city. How does one get inspired?
- Meet at 6.30pm outside Waterstones on Piccadilly.
- End at 8.30pm at Bond Street Station.
- There are steps on our route but otherwise it is fairly flat.
- Pencil and notebook included in the ticket price.
- Tickets are non-refundable. You may give/sell your ticket to someone else if you cannot attend on the day.
- Suitable for over 16-year-olds only.