A KENT DESIGN event, organised by Design South East and the MA Urban Design course at UCA Canterbury will introduce you to the latest strategies in creating well designed, specific, robust and sustainable places through the 2-day programme.
Working in small groups with leading urban design practitioners, you will be coached in developing your own design proposals, taking into account the historical and infrastructural context of the site, landscape patterns, urban design principles, public spaces, and building typologies.
By the end of the event you will be able to:
• Understand the challenges of developing urban areas beyond their current perimeters
• Analyse the site and its context
• Develop a strategic vision and concept for the site
• Gain the visual 2D and 3D design skills to communicate your ideas
• Present your ideas to peers and public audiences