Actions and Detail Panel
Urban Hens – Keeping Chickens in London
Wed 12 July 2017, 18:30 – 20:30 BST
‘Just spent a lovely and informative evening with Sara learning how to look after chickens in my London garden. It was great to get some hands on experience of handling hens and the food and drink provided was very welcome too. I am looking forward to having the fresh eggs in the goody bag for breakfast tomorrow’ Caroline TripAdvisor
A summer’s evening in the kitchen garden…
You will be welcomed with home made refreshments and introduced to the joys of keeping chickens!
We’ve been keeping hens, pure breeds and hybrids, here in London, since 2007 and currently have big hens in an Eglu Cube, bantams in an Eglu Classic and an use an Eglu Go for hatching chicks.…
We are pleased to bring you this London chicken keeping course.
Our time together will include:
- Equipment required for keeping chickens
- Different breeds available
- The needs of the chickens, and their daily, weekly and monthly care.
- The opportunity to handle a hen
- Questions over tea and cake
- Each guest goes home with course notes and a goodie bag
For more information on keeping chickens in London, you may enjoy our series of films: