Actions and Detail Panel
User-centred design for housing
Thu 20 October 2016, 09:30 – 16:30 BST
There are no more places left for this event.
We're really sorry if you were hoping to book.
Drop us a line if you'd like to be notified if a space becomes available, or when we run another even in the future.
And if this is your sort of thing. You might want to sign up for our (monthly) newsletter.
About the event
Seeing your service through the eyes of your tenants can provide surprising insights and cost saving opportunities.
In this one day, interactive and participative workshop The Satori Lab team give you a set of tools and skills to really understand and design your services so they work for your customers.
In the course of the day you will learn a set of techniques and approaches that you can take back to your organisation and start making use of.
Skills you will develop include:
- how to research user needs, through interview, data analysis and other techniques
- how to create "personas" to represent different customer groups and needs
- how to map the user journey through a service
- how to combine these insights into new service designs
- how to prototype and iterate service designs to ensure they work well and to co-produce these with customers
Benefits for your organisation:
- you will be able to drive effeciency and cost savings within your organisation
- services will be improved for customers, reducing waste and increasing satisfaction
- service redesign will be driven by staff and customers
Who this is for:
- this workshop is tailored for people working in housing though the skills can be widely applied across the public and private sectors
- the workshop might be of particular benefit to people working in customer facing roles
- managers at all levels would benefit from understanding the principles outlined in this course
- team leaders and others on the frontline of services would find this particularly useful
Everyone attending this workshop will recieve
- a detailed workbook covering the course and with recommendations for future reading
- a certificate of professional development
- free access to an online support community for 8 weeks following the course
- discounts on future Satori Lab events
About the workshop facilitators
Esko Reinikainen is an experienced trainer and facilitator in user centred design and innovation. He founded the Satori Lab with Jo Carter in 2014 to help organisations to change and adapt to the challenges of austerity and the digital age. His background in theatre and his management of the Intrapraneurs school in Monmouthshire ensure an engaging and effective workshop. He has worked with many organisations in housing and in the wider public value sector to help them deliver real and effective change.
Ben Proctor is a specialist in digital service design and data maturity. He has worked across public, private and third sector organisations across the UK supporting them to drive improvement through data. He has an impressive reputation as a facilitator and trainer.
Together Esko and Ben are an experienced, enthusiastic and talented team of facilitators who promise a supportive and engaging learning experience.