Actions and Detail Panel
Using Business as a Force for Good: Bristol Kick-Off
Thu 23 February 2017, 16:00 – 19:30 GMT
Are you keen to find out how you can support the growth of a more sustainable economy and society?
Are you interested in profit with purpose?
Do you want your business to become a certified B Corp?
Then this is the event for you!
We're kicking off our South West events in the buzzing hub of Bristol. We're hosting a gathering of local companies, sustainability networks, local authorities, academics and sustainability consultants to connect, support and empower businesses and individuals to play an active role in creating a more sustainable and inclusive economy.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Hear examples of business for good in practice. Our amazing local B Corps will talk us through what they are doing in their businesses to create positive impact
- Be empowered to take the first steps in the pathway to B Corp certification
- Understand how you can get involved as a B Leader...our growing group of consultants and internal champions who we train up to take a company through the certification process
- Hear the work that local universities are doing to promote and integrate profit with purpose into curriculums
- Understand the role of local authorities in promoting and supporting purpose led business in the South West
- Enjoy local food and drink with great company!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The event is open to anyone and everyone interested in purposeful business and the B Corp certification.
Come along if you're:
- A business interested in profit with purpose
- A local authority that wants to support businesses in the South West
- An academic or student interested in how to incorporate profit with purpose into your curriculum
- A consultant interested in how you can support purposeful businesses
- New to sustainable business and simply want to find out more
WHERE IS IT? Triodos Bank, Lower Ground Floor, St George’s Road, Bristol, BS1 5BE. Please head straight to the Lower Ground Floor, not the main reception.
WHEN IS IT? Thursday 23 February from 4.00pm to 7.30pm
We'll be having drinks, nibbles and networking from 6.30pm onwards so you won't miss any content if you need to leave early
Join us in working towards an inclusive and sustainable society!
What is the B Corp movement?
The UK B Corp movement is a growing community of businesses who are using the power of entrepreneurship to tackle social and environmental issues. B Corps are certified to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency.
What is the Association of Sustainability Practitioners (ASP)?
The ASP promote learning that transforms behaviour from unsustainable to sustainable practices. They provide each other with the space to safely explore the challenges of this journey through mutual support and helpful connection.