1. Course description.
During this short Evening Seminar, the attendees will have a chance to learn how to integrate R with a popular NoSQL database - MongoDB. The 2-hour workshop will contain:
- an introduction to MongoDB and its NoSQL queries including examples of aggregation pipelines and MapReduce jobs,
- an overview of R packages facilitating connectivity between R and MongoDB,
- numerous examples of data transformations, descriptive statistics and aggregations using R and MongoDB,
- a practical tutorial enabling attendees to test presented packages, concepts and data manipulation exercises in a virtual machine in the Cloud.
The Evening Seminar will run from 18:30 until 20:30 and will consist of a lecture-style presentation, practical tutorial, questions session and a networking time. The example data sets used during the tutorial session will come from social sciences and economics.
3. What is included?
Apart from the content of this Evening Seminar, Mind Project will provide the following:
- access to all presentation slides, R codes and a list of printed and online resources for additional training,
- coffee/tea with light refreshments,
- Wi-Fi access,
- Central London location - at the Ironmongers' Hall, next to the Barbican station and the Museum of London,
- networking opportunity.
4. Further instructions.
- In order to benefit from the contents of the course it is recommended that attendees have the most recent version of R and R Studio software installed on their personal laptops (any operating system). As R is a free environment you can download it directly from www.r-project.org website and R Studio is available at https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/#Desktop. Please contact us should you have any questions or issues with the installation process. No specific R packages are required before the course (the course tutors will explain this during the training).
- Participants are encouraged to complete the online Participant's Skills Inventory available at http://mindproject.co.uk/skillsinventory.html to allow Mind Project and our course tutors to customise the contents of the course depending on the level of participants' knowledge and their areas of interest. The data obtained through the Participant's Skills Inventory will be held fully-confidential and will only be used to provide a quality data analysis training.
- By purchasing a place on one of our courses you agree to the Terms and Conditions available at http://mindproject.co.uk/trainingterms.html. Please read the Terms and Conditions before making a booking.
- The deadline for registrations on this training course is Wednesday, 2nd of November 2016 at 14:00 London (UK) time. However, Mind Project reserves the right to end the registration process earlier if all places are booked before the deadline.
Should you have any questions please contact Mind Project Ltd at email@example.com or by phone on 0203 322 3786. Please visit the course website at http://mindproject.co.uk/rmongodb-london-nov16.html.