Using Narrative - recording
Friday, 1 April 2016 at 13:00 - Saturday, 30 July 2016 at 16:00 (BST)
Recording of the Using Narrative run on the 29th February 2016 by David Winter.
Have you ever…
• Been bewildered by a client's actions or inactions?
• Felt that a client is being completely unrealistic?
• Realised that you've put your own (incorrect) interpretation on what the client has told you?
• Had a client who always assumed the worst?
Every client has their own story. How the client tells their story will determine their chances of future success. How you interpret that story will determine the needs you spot and the ones you miss.
A better understanding of how narrative links to the meaning we give to events will help you to be more effective in understanding how a client has got themselves into their current situation and to explore how their story might unfold in the future.
You will need to bring…
• A three-sentence summary of an important time in your career development (have it ready to paste into the Chat box)
• Examples of times when you have been confused by a client's story
• A willingness to ask lots of questions
• You will come away with…
• A greater sensitivity to the way clients tell their stories and what you can pay attention to
• Actual exercises and activities that you can use with individuals and groups
• Ideas about how to use narrative to change client understanding