San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Using NEC Contracts: What You Need to Know
All you need to know about the operational, contractual and commercial implications of using NEC contracts.
- Any personnel involved with any contractual, commercial or payment aspects of NEC suite of contracts – for example, sales personnel, project managers, contract managers and administrators, site supervisors, finance managers, senior managers and directors.
Duration and Price
- 1 day £189 + VAT
Benefits of Attending
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the key operational and contractual aspects of working under a NEC form of contract
- Understand the different types of NEC Contracts and when to use them
- Appreciate the commercial implications of how a project under NEC contract terms is sold and managed
- Receive guidance on the core clauses and the different options defined in the contracts
- Determine how to give the correct cost considerations when pricing an NEC contract
- Learn how to ensure risks are distributed fairly to sub-contractors
- A background to NEC
- How the fundamental ethos of a NEC contract differs from traditional contracts
- The different types of NEC contract
- The Main Option Clauses
- The contract data
- The Accepted Programme
- Early warnings and the Risk Register
- Compensation events
“A really useful course. Great to have a clear and concise view of this very different type of contract”
“I would highly recommend this course. I’m putting the learning into practice every day!”
When & Where
Redfern Contract Consultants Ltd
RCC was established in 2002 with the aim of providing commercial and contractual support and assistance to BMS and other Specialist Contracting companies.
As such, RCC’s training focuses very specifically on the commercial and contractual needs, problems and opportunities that specialist contracting companies encounter every day.
The programme consists of an integrated set of directly targeted and high quality, intensive full day training courses with the aim of providing clear and practical understanding using real-life, common industry sector reference material and experiences.
Our trainers and operational team have all worked in the specialist contracting sector of the construction industry so we are well aware of the risks and abuses specialists can be exposed to when contracting. We strive to provide quick effective solutions to address any problems and provide practical help and guidance for long term protection and profitability of your business.
Benefits of attending RCC Training:
Whilst all our courses can be attended individually, they are designed to run sequentially to give specialist sub-contractors the skills and support that will help and assist you to:
• Understand and agree a fair and reasonable contract
• Get paid what you are entitled to, in full and on time
• Recover additional monies for varied, disrupted or prolonged works
• Manage your projects more effectively
• Avoid and/ or resolve disputes
• Implement good commercial contract practices