San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
From women on banknotes to putting FGM on the Government's agenda, people across the UK have been winning campaigns using Change.org.
Change.org’s Kajal Odedra will be talking about how the internet has become a tool to challenge people in power and is being used to win campaigns around the world.
- An overview of how to run a campaign that integrates online and offline tactics
- How the art of storytelling can make your issue compelling to any audience.
- How Twitter has become every campaigner's secret weapon.
Change.org is the world's largest petition platform, empowering people everywhere to create the change they want to see with almost 6 million people in the UK starting, joining and winning campaigns for change.
Kajal Odedra works on the UK team at Change.org, supporting users to win their campaigns. She has 7 years of experience running national campaigns for one of the UK’s largest cancer charities, Macmillan, tackling benefits cuts with homeless charity Crisis and supporting young people engage in politics at the UK Youth Parliament.
When & Where
Sheila McKechnie Foundation (SMK)
The Sheila McKechnie Foundation (SMK) is a unique charity that supports individuals, groups and communities to have the skills and confidence to speak up and take effective action on issues that matter to them.Our work includes;
- Providing training, coaching and consultancy to help people and organisations develop the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to campaign effectively.
- Being a voice for campaigners by advocating for the needs and benefits of campaigning, and protecting the space to campaign.
- Bringing campaigners together and celebrating success through our networks, events and annual SMK Campaigner Awards.
For more information please visit on website www.smk.org.uk.