Actions and Detail Panel
VAT - Construction, Land and Property
Tue 28 March 2017, 09:30 – 13:00 BST
This course aims to:
- Provide an understanding of the UK VAT rules that apply to construction, land and property.
- Provide an opportunity for questions and answers and to complete a case study.
- Equip participants to be able to identify VAT issues in a timely manner.
VAT is often a source delay, cost and confusion on projects. This course aims to demystify the complex areas of VAT legislation associated with construction, land and property.
The training methods will be presentation led with practical examples and a relaxed approach to allow questions to be asked as issues arise. The round table discussion format encourages participants to share common practical concerns and experiences.
By attending this session, you will learn about................
Principles of VAT as they impact on development projects and the acquiring and disposing of property, including:
- Key VAT definitions of building types
- Understanding the VAT liabilities of construction services
- What zero rate and reduced rate reliefs are available
- Dealing with listed buildings, community centres and commercial properties
- Buying, selling and leasing property: the VAT rules
- What is the option to tax and when it applies
- Change of use of buildings
- What types of projects can create a Capital Goods Scheme item for VAT purposes
Who is this course for?
This course is for
- Building contractors
- Developers, including housing associations and charities
- Project managers, architects and quantity surveyors
- Property managers and agents
The round table discussion format encourages participants to share common practical concerns and experiences.
Please note that spaces are limited for this course.
A Certificate of Attendance is available for training records/CPD purposes.
This course is £175+ VAT per delegate.
Any queries please contact us on 01633 415390 or email@example.com
All cancellations must be made no later than 25 working days before the start of the relevant Training Course. If a delegate fails to attend a training course, then full payment will be required.
Alternatively, a substitute delegate can be named before the course and no charge will be made for making a substitute.
We reserve the right to cancel a Training Course at any time. In such circumstances we will either offer alternative dates or a full refund.