When you run a small business, it's all about you and your staff. People buy people and one of the most effective ways for potential customers to get to know, like and trust you, is to see and hear you talking enthusiastically about what you do and sharing your expertise. But going out and doing that in person is time-consuming. Video marketing is a great way to get in front of lots of people without leaving your office. And the good news is, your smartphone will allow you to create good quality videos whenever you like.
Who's the course aimed at?
Business people and bloggers who want to make their own videos to share on YouTube. It will also help those who want to make the best of their smartphone for live streaming on Facebook and Periscope. So if you plan to video blog, or just want to capture customer testimonials, this course will help you.
Pre-requisites: None - just bring your iPhone or Android phone
Length: 3 hours
Why do I need to learn to create video on my smartphone?
We're regularly told that using video to promote our goods and services helps with attracting new clients to our businesses. But if you're a small business, just starting out or you want to videoblog regularly, employing a professional filmmaker to create your content is probably impractical.
The good news is if you own an iPhone 4 or better, you've got a good quality video camera in your pocket or bag.
What will I learn?
This course will show you how to use it to create your own business videos with minimal investment. It covers:
Tips and hints on how to structure your video content to keep your audience watching
What equipment you need to buy - and what you don't need to buy
Ideas for lighting and composition to show you at your best
Tips and hints to get the most from your phone's video capabilities
How to edit your film in just a few minutes to give it a more professional feel
How to share your film effectively on YouTube
How to check that your videos are engaging the right audience
You'll also get a course booklet plus 30 days complimentary email support to help you implement what you've learnt.
£79 per person
Feedback from previous participants
"What an info-packed course. Just brilliant." - Carrie Rose
"I think Linda is brilliant at teaching this stuff. Very approachable, easy to follow, friendly, confident and confidence inspiring, and great fun." - Alex Patchett-Joyce
"Essential for anyone growing their business. Highly recommended!" - Carie Lyndene, The Success Coach
I've got an Android phone - is this course still of use to me?
Yes if your phone will shoot HD video or better. If you're not sure, do an Internet search for the specification of your model of phone and look for the camera details. If it says it will do 1080p video, then it should be good enough quality to use for video blogging. The software I use for editing on the course is iPhone specific but there are equivalent apps on Android that work in a very similar way.
Do I need to spend lots of money on extra equipment to make videos with my phone?
No, you can start using video for your business using just your phone. You might want to invest in a tripod, which can cost as little as £5, and possibly a microphone but you can get a really good quality one for around £25. There is free video editing software too.
Will I be videoed during the course?
No, I'm not going to put you on the spot. We'll do some short videos so you can practise editing but you don't have to be on screen. I recommend that you do get used to being on camera but you can practice that using my free 5 step "Getting comfortable on camera" online course in the privacy of your own office or home before or after the workshop.
How many people will be on the course?
I take a maximum of 7 so you'll be assured of individual attention.
What's your cancellation policy?
Tickets are non-refundable but you can send someone else in your place if you wish. Please email email@example.com or phone 01926 495507 with details of the replacement participant so we know who's coming.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CLASSROOM-BASED COURSES
By booking a place on a Linda Scannell Ltd course, it is agreed that the following terms set out the total agreement made between the parties and that no variation or modification of this contract shall be effective unless agreed by both parties in writing.
- Confirmation of course place – To confirm a place, he Eventbrite booking form must be completed and payment made via Eventbrite.
- Methods of payment – Payment of the course fees must be made in advance and should be made at the time of placing a booking using the Eventbrite system.
- Cancellation – Bookings cannot be cancelled.
- Delegate submission – It is possible to substitute an alternative delegate on any place booked at no additional cost. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the new delegate at least 24 hours before the course start time.
- Course transfer – A confirmed booking may be transferred to another Linda Scannell Ltd course, availability permitting, providing that the course takes place within 6 months of the course start date originally booked and the transfer is requested at least 5 working days prior to the course start date. Linda Scannell Photography is not obliged to ensure that suitable alternatives are available. Transfer requests must be made in writing via email to email@example.com. A booking can only be transferred on one occasion. Subsequent transfers will be treated as cancellations.
- Non-attendance – If the delegate fails to attend the course and has not given prior notice to Linda Scannell Ltd then the course fee will remain payable and no transfer will be allowed.
- Course schedule – Linda Scannell Ltd reserves the right to alter the advertised schedule of courses, trainers or venues without prior notice. This may include cancellation of a course. Where Linda Scannell Ltd cancels a course, individuals with confirmed bookings on that course will be offered alternative dates. If none can be provided then a full refund will be given.
- Course content - Linda Scannell Ltd reserves the right to change the advertised content of the course without prior notice in order to continuously provide a high quality service or due to circumstances beyond Linda Scannell Ltd's control.
- Force majeure or Act of God - The due performance of this contract is subject to alteration or cancellation by either party owing to any cause beyond their control - for example, an Act of God, fire, war, act of terrorism.
- Limitation of Liability - The liability of one party to the other shall be limited to the total value of the contract. Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss.
- Exclusion – Linda Scannell Ltd reserves the right to refuse access to the course where there is reason to believe that a delegate is in breach of these conditions or where a delegate uses threatening, bullying, harassing or disruptive behaviour. Linda Scannell Ltd will not be liable for any losses or expenses (including course fees and consequential damages) incurred by a delegate arising from such an exclusion.
- Complaints - Any complaints should first be raised by the client with Linda Scannell Ltd in writing either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post, within 14 days of the completion of the course.
- Governing law and jurisdiction - The parties irrevocably agree any dispute arising out of this contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim.