Actions and Detail Panel
Video Production Workshop - 24 March 2017
Fri 24 March 2017, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT
As part of this 2 hour hands-on training opportunity, you will find out how to use your recording device (smart phone, dslr or video camera) to record and edit video and audio for a short film.
The training will include:
- shooting sequences
- composition and framing
- sources of free imagery/music/video
- stop motion animation techniques
- recording sound
- editing in Windows Movie Maker
- export settings for youtube
There will be NO EQUIPMENT PROVIDED by the course organisers
To get the full benefit of this course you need to bring:
- a charged device that is capable of recording video and audio
- This will take place in a PC lab, but you can bring your own lapotop or tablet to edit on if you prefer
- a USB cable or other to transfer the footage from your device to the PC or to your laptop/tablet.
This workshop is led by filmmaker Alys Kay, to support PGRs entering the Research Short Film competition for the Graduate School Conference 2017.