San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Video Through The Power of Social Media
How to Tell Your Story and Get It Heard
The aim of the workshop is to understand how digital video combined with social media strategy can be used to effectively tell your charity’s story and get noticed by stakeholders.
This workshop will cover:
- The power of video as a medium.
- An introduction to the most effective social media channels for video.
- What makes great social media content?
- How to create engaging and cost effective videos on your mobile.
- Identifying your key influencers and supporters
- Publishing and presenting your video (includes thumbnails, endboards, titling and annotations).
- Video analytics - what works for your audience?
There will be plenty of time for peer learning in breakout discussion sessions and Q & A time with the speakers.
Trainer Bio: Nick Connell
Nick is a digital media professional with more than 14 years experience working for world-renowned companies including the English FA, FIFA, UEFA, MTV, the BBC and Sony BMG. In that time he has managed numerous projects, websites, YouTube channels, social media accounts and his own digital teams, gaining extensive experience developing digital content. Nick now heads up multimedia production company & creative agency FBB Productions.
FBB Productions is a social enterprise operating in the charity and football sectors, providing funds to support education charity Football Beyond Borders. FBB is a London-based charity that uses the power of football to tackle inequality and provide opportunities for young people to achieve their goals and make their voices heard. As well as managing FBB Productions day-to-day, Nick volunteers as Head of Digital for Football Beyond Borders.
Required equipment and content:
- Mobile phone with video editing and image editing app installed. The free one we are suggesting are Videoshop - Video Editor for both iOS and Android for video, Pixlr for image editing. Pixlr could either be the app or desktop version.
- Laptop for taking notes and research.
- Your organisation’s logo. Preferably a PNG, but JPEG is ok if haven't got as PNG.
- 3 - 5 photos that best display what your organisation does.
Suggested content to bring along for practical video exercise:
- Your organisation’s mission and vision in text form.
- Quotes from charity’s beneficiaries / supporters about the impact your charity is having.
- Key statistics about your charity's impact.
If the places have all been filled please do add your details to the waitlist and we will let you know as soon as a place becomes available.
Cancellations and Refunds:
If you cancel your place 2 full working days before the event takes place then you are entitled to a full refund by request. Refunds for cancellations after this point are given at the discretion of Small Charities Coalition.
If you cannot make a workshop please advise us as soon as possible. Workshops normally have a waitlist and if you notify us early enough then there's a good chance another charity can attend in your place.
Save This Event
When & Where
Small Charities Coalition
Small Charities Coalition is a national membership organisation that helps trustees, staff and volunteers of small charities access the skills, tools and information they need to get going and do what they do best.
For more information visit www.smallcharities.org.uk