Actions and Detail Panel
Visual Strategies to Support Children with Communication Difficulties
Thu 20 October 2016, 13:30 – 16:30 BST
This training is for professionals if you're a parent; click here.
Better support your students, help them to communicate effectively, allowing them to become less frustrated in school.
Supporting a Child with their Communication Difficulties.
We'll start with the basics:
- What are social Skills & Why they're important
- Understand How Social Communication Works
- How you can spot what your student / client doesn't know
- How you and your setting can help the child to develop their skills
Visual Strategies to Support Children with Communication Difficulties is the latest addition to the Partners For Change programme of Trainings, in conjunction with Autism & ADHD. This session has been geared towards professionals, in specific those working with KS1 & 2, Primary School Children. This session will be delivered by our in-house Speech & Language Therapist, Ellen. (BSc (Hons), Cert MRCSLT, MASLTIP, HCPC Registered Speech & Language Therapist)
The training session will cover all of the above, plus:
- Understanding Communication Difficulties
- Understanding Visual Approaches
- Why we use a Visual Approaches and why they benefit these children.
- How they work
- Supporting Understanding
- Introduction to various techniques, the thinking behind them and how to implement them
This is a certificated training and counts as 3 hours of CPD. Certificates issued on completion of training and are not available for no-show's or people that leave the training early.