A reliable and functioning voice is an essential part of our daily lives; whether this is for performing or for teaching, we need to be able to communicate effectively. Professional voice users are not only singers and actors, they are also teachers and workshop animateurs.
This workshop, led by Dr. Jenevora Williams, will look at how the voice works when it is healthy, and how things may go wrong. Common disorders of the voice are considered along with different remedies for these. The workshop will also look at common medications and their potential side-effects on the voice.
- An overview of how the voice works
- Detailed guidance for maintaining a healthy voice
- Useful exercises to help establish optimum vocal function
- Initial symptoms to look out for, in order to prevent further damage
- The most effective and least damaging remedies for vocal fatigue
- How to cope if it all goes wrong and you suffer voice loss
Key questions to be considered are:
- How can I pace my voice use during the day for maximum output?
- How long will it take for my voice to recover from overuse?
- Why does stress affect my voice and how can I reduce anxiety levels?
This course is aimed at teachers, workshop leaders, singers and anyone who relies on their voice as part of their working lives.
More about Dr. Jenevora Williams…
Dr. Jenevora Williams has taught singing at The Royal College of Music, Guildford School of Acting, the Yehudi Menuhin School, many universities, and has had twenty years of working with the National Youth Choirs of Great Britain. After a ten-year performing career in international opera and concert, she is now a specialist in the areas of vocal physiology, health and the teaching of young voices. She provides training for singing and voice teachers throughout Europe, and is the principal tutor on the only accredited postgraduate qualification in vocal pedagogy in the UK for Voice Workshop. Jenevora’s best-selling book and DVD, ‘Teaching singing to children and young adults’, Compton Publishing Ltd, is used by teachers worldwide.
To download our full booking Terms and Conditions, please click here