Actions and Detail Panel
Voice Collective: Advanced Working With Voices
Fri 2 June 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
Those of us who support children and young people who hear distressing or difficult voices are constantly developing, finding new ways to approach voice-hearing with young people and support them towards their self-defined recovery.
Each young person and family is unique - one size does not fit all.
About This Workshop:
This workshop builds upon the principles explored in our ‘Supporting Children & Young People who Hear Voices’ training, and our 'Voice Collective Group Facilitation Training'.
Using examples drawn from attendee’s prior experience of working with young voice-hearers, the workshop explores the following topics:
- Developing trust and therapeutic relationships with young people who may not trust easily
- Understanding ‘taboo voices’ (voices that talk about things the young person - and society - find very difficult, including violence & sexuality)
- Finding safe ways of talking about voices and visions with young people in distress
- Working with different, and often conflicting, perspectives on a young person’s experiences
- Working with alternative belief systems (e.g. cultural or spiritual perspectives)
- Using creativity to support conversations
- Applying this learning within the workplace
We keep class sizes small to maximise the opportunity for discussion & reflection.
We require applicants to have attended either our 'Supporting Children and Young People who Hear Voices' training course, or our 'Voice Collective Group Facilitation' training course.
This is a FREE training course for anyone working with children or young people who hear voices, see visions, or have other 'unusual' sensory experiences.
- This course is open to those who support children and young people (in a variety of settings) and who have attended a previous 1-day our 3-day training with us (listed above).
- Please only book a place if you are confident that you can attend the course. If you can no longer attend the training, please inform us in writing on email@example.com, and your place will be offered to someone on our waiting list.
- Please complete as much of the booking form as you are able to. This information is helpful to us, and is kept confidential within the service.
- Certificates of attendance will be given upon request after the training.