About the course:
NOTE: This is a 3 day course. It runs on Wednesday 7th, Tuesday 13th and Thursday 15th November 2016 (10.00am - 4.00pm). It is FREE for people within Greater London.
This innovative and interactive 3 day course will help you to develop the skills necessary to co-facilitate a Voice Collective peer support group in your organisation.
It combines personal and professional experience to cover the following areas:
- Understanding ‘hearing voices’ and other related experiences
- Making sense of different models of understanding these experiences
- Developing a toolbox of coping strategies to support young people in their recovery
- Setting up, launching and sustaining a Voice Collective peer support group
- Practical skills for group facilitation
Who is the course for?
People who currently work with young people:
Including psychologists, support workers, nurses, therapists, OTs, social workers, youth workers, mentors etc.
Young people (aged 16+) with lived experience of voices/visions.
Joint applications between workers & young people are particularly encouraged.
We are funded to train people to facilitate groups within Greater London and are able to offer this training for FREE in this area.
Fees apply for those agenices and individuals outside of Greater London:
- People with substantive lived experience of hearing voices: FREE
- Outside London: Voluntary organisations* / self-funding individuals: £180
- Outside London: NHS, Statutory or Commercial : £290
- Within Greater London: all agenices and individuals: FREE
* If you are from a small voluntary sector organisation and cannot afford the £180 fee, please email us to discuss.
Fees can be paid electronically on this website. If you wish to pay by invoice, please contact John Wetherell on 020 7241 8978 email@example.com If you wish to pay by cheque, please send your cheque (made payable to MIND IN CAMDEN, with a note explaining what it is for) to Voice Collective, Mind in Camden, Barnes House, 9-15 Camden Rd, London NW1 9LQ.
Important Information (Please read before booking)
- This course is open to people who currently work with young people who hear voices or see visions, or are a young person (16+ with this experience, themselves). As the course is aimed at facilitating peer support groups for young people who hear voices or see visions, we prioritise applications from those in a position to work with us to set a group up.
- As our courses are always oversubscribed, please only book your place if you are confident you are able to attend for the 3 full days.
- Please answer all questions on booking form as we use these to ensure that attendees are in our target group. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure we have all the information necessary to make this decision. If you apply, but do not appear to meet our criteria or do not give us the information we need, we reserve the right to cancel your place. In this event, we will contact you to explain our decision. The project team's decision is final.
- Certificates of attendance will be given out on completion of the workshop.
- Whilst this course is FREE to attendees within Greater London, we reserve the right to charge a £25 administration fee for non-attendance on this course, unless we receive a cancellation in writing (via email) at least three working days prior to the event. If you are unable to attend, please cancel your place as early as possible. This enables us to offer spare places to people on our waiting list, and decreases the likelihood of places going to waste.