Actions and Detail Panel
Voluntary Sector Child Protection Officer Training
Sat 27 May 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
This course is for individuals that have responsibility for child protection arrangements within their youth group. The course is particularly aimed at those in small voluntary sector organisations that have limited access to other support or training.
The course objectives are to:
- Understand and be able to articulate their role as the designated CP officer
- Understand the key areas of responsibility that are covered by this role, including reporting and referral to appropriate agencies
- Know what steps the organisation needs to take to ensure the safety and welfare of the young people it works with, including reviewing their current policies and promoting an organisational culture that puts the needs of young people first.
- Understand what prevents young people from disclosing abuse and how to support young people to disclose
- Understand what prevents staff/volunteers from responding appropriately/reporting disclosures and how to overcome this
- Understand the processes and procedures that follow a referral and what further role they may have
In order to ensure that the course is attended by people that have responsibility for Child Protection in their group organisation, please check with your manager / management committee that you are the most appropriate person to attend. You should also bring along a copy of your own group/organisations’ child protection policy.
IMPORTANT - This course is exclusively for Youth Scotland/ Youth 1st members.
This is a free training workshop. Please note that when you sign up to our courses you must give us notice if you cant make it. All no shows will be charged £25 no-show fee.