Volunteer at the Mo-Runs
The Movember Foundation is a movement for men’s health: a global charity raising funds and awareness, investing in key problem areas to fund breakthrough research and support services.
We are the main beneficiary of the Movember campaign. For the last ten years, the amazing efforts of the Mo Bros and Mo Sistas from across the UK have significantly contributed to our research initiatives and have supported men by investing in our services.
How you can help
To support Movember, there is a series of 5k and 10k running events throughout November across the UK, and we need volunteers to help support the organisers and runners.
Duties may include:
- Assisting with the bag drop tent. This will involve organising runners’ bags as they drop them off before the event
- Marshalling on the running course and pointing participants in the right direction
- Handing out food and drink to runners once they have crossed the finish line
- Cheering on the runners as they take part
- Helping to register the runners
The Mo Runs are really fun events and there is a great atmosphere. Runners wear fancy dress, wear fake moustaches or show off their Mo’s.
We are looking for at least six volunteers at each location, and volunteers will be required about two hours before the race, i.e. for around 4 hours in total.
The locations are:
- Edinburgh - 7 November, race starts at 10:00am
- Leeds - 7 November, race starts at 10:00am
- Glasgow - 8 November, race starts at 10:00am
- Newcastle - 8 November, race starts at 14:00pm
- Bristol - 14 November, race starts at 10:00am
- Cardiff - 15 November, race starts at 10:00am
- London Battersea - 15 November, race starts at 10:00am
- Belfast - 15 November, race starts at 11:00am
- Birmingham - 21 November, race starts at 10:00am
- Liverpool - 21 November, race starts at 10:00am
- Manchester - 22 November, race starts at 10:00am
- London Greenwich - 28 November, race starts at 10:00am
- Brighton - 29 November, race starts at 10:00am
What you will get from volunteering
- You'll be part of a fun and exhilarating day
- The chance to meet other volunteers and runners taking part in the Mo Runs
- Be involved in seeing how an event is run and organised
- Be part of a huge fundraising event which will support men and their families affected by prostate cancer