This workshop explores the reality of involving volunteers; who is out there compared to the needs of organisations and how to create a mutually beneficial volunteering relationship.
The course is aimed at anybody who recruits and manages volunteers and is suitable for all levels of experience as the content will be tailored to suit the participants.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand the importance of having a volunteer role description and will be able to review and evaluate their current role descriptions in their own organisations.
- Understand the needs and motivations of volunteers and be able to look at how you can make reasonable adaptions to role descriptions to suit those needs.
- Be equipped with the skills to confidently deal with interviewing and recruiting potential volunteers including how to say 'no' if a volunteer is not suitable
This is one of 4 volunteer management courses we are running.
- Recruiting and Attracting Potential Volunteers - 6/11/14
- Finding the Right Volunteer for the Right Role - 20/11/14
- Supporting and Supervising Volunteers - 4/12/14
- Dealing with Difficult Volunteers - 14/1/15
If you would like to book on all 4 courses and receive a 10% discount- please select the 4 volunteer management courses ticket.
If you would like any further information please contact Jose - firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01423 509004.
To view our booking terms and conditions click here
To become a member of Harrogate & Ripon Centres for Voluntary Service please go to our webpage - www.harcvs.org.uk/membership
When & Where
The Volunteer Centre at HARCVS
The Volunteer Centre at HARCVS is a service provided by the charity HARCVS and specialises in supporting volunteering within the Harrogate District. Our trainers are PTTLS qualified and have extensive experience of delivering training for volunteers and for staff from voluntary, community statutory and faith organisations.