Actions and Detail Panel
Volunteer with National Citizen Service young people - Professional Visits
Sat 29 July 2017, 13:30 – 14:30 BST
Can you host a team of 13 Young People at your workplace for 1 hour this summer?
Give young people a chance to see into the world of work - Promote your business - Counts towards your company's Corporate Social Responsibility engagement!
As a professional partner on the National Citizen Service (NCS) programme you would host a team of up to 13 young people (aged 15-17), accompanied by a DBS cleared NCS staff member for a 1 hour long visit.
The team would be given an insight into your organisation and industry, before having the opportunity to present to you their project ideas for serving their community and receive your professional feedback. They will pitch their project the following day, in a ‘Dragons’ Den’ style event for the chance to receive funding.
Your input and expertise is crucial for young people to have an invaluable experience of the professional environment, as well as the opportunity to positively promote your business in the local community.
We are flexible on timings but the visits ideally take place 1:30pm-2:30pm and often take the following format:
- 20 min - Tour and overview of the Organisation
- 20 min - Presentation by the young people and your Feedback
- 20 min - Question and Answer session
Why host a Professional visit?
- The time spent hosting a professional visit can count towards your company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- It is a meaningful hour for the young people spent learning about your brand and industry, as well as being an enjoyable and developmental experience for your staff members!
- Your support helps young people in the local community to develop professional characteristics to prepare them for the world of work.
- It creates positive brand awareness within the local community. Many of our professional partners blog or tweet about their experience of hosting a professional visit!
What do we need from a professional partner?
- Between 1 and 1.5 hours from one/two employees.
- Insight into your work, including a Q&A with one/two employees.
- Meeting space appropriate for approximately 15 people, where the team can present their social action ideas.
- Constructive feedback and encouragement.
- If appropriate, a tour of your office/site.
- We do not ask for any money for or from the visit, just your invaluable professional insight.
What is the outcome of the visit?
Following the Professional Visit, the team will pitch their social action project idea to a panel of ‘Dragons’, who will make a decision about the funding and delivery of their social action project. The ‘Dragons' Den’ Pitch is an important milestone for our NCS participants. They have successfully collaborated with a local charity and are now ready to launch their own volunteer day and campaign in the local community.
If interested - please book onto the event by chosing one of the 10 possible dates and a member of the team will be in touch very soon!
Opportunies to host professional visits are available across all London boroughs!