This course will help you recruit, train and support volunteers. It will also offer advice, suggestions and resources to ensure your organisation has high standards of Best Practice.
As a result of the training, participants will have explored:
- Key concepts and core values underpinning volunteering
- Theory frameworks relevant to Volunteer Managers
- Identifying and prioritising development needs in relation to Volunteer Management
- Identifying key issues in relation to volunteering
- The content and purpose of a volunteer policy
- Developing a simple framework to develop a volunteer handbook for your organisation
And will cover topics including:
- Why Involve Volunteers?
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Volunteer Manager
- Good Practice – Policy and Procedure?
- Putting Policy into Practice