Actions and Detail Panel
Volunteering Best Practice (Castle Douglas)
Wed 7 December 2016, 10:00 – 13:00 GMT
This course will help you look at how you recruit, train and support volunteers. It will also offer advice, suggestions and resources to ensure your organisation has high standards of Best Practice.
As a result of the training, participants will have explored:
- Key concepts and core values underpinning volunteering
- Theory frameworks relevant to Volunteer Managers
- Identifying and prioritising development needs in relation to Volunteer Management
- Identifying key issues in relation to volunteering
- The content and purpose of a volunteer policy
- Developing a simple framework to develop a volunteer handbook for your organisation
And will cover topics including:
- Why Involve Volunteers?
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Volunteer Manager
- Good Practice – Policy and Procedure?
- Putting Policy into Practice