San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Volunteers and the law
Tuesday 8th March 2016
Who is this training for?
This course is aimed at organisations who utilise volunteers and would like to find out more about the legal implications of volunteer management.
What does it focus on?
The course will cover:
- Who can (and can't) volunteer
- Volunteer benefits and expenses
- Terminology and jargon busting
- Volunteers and data protection
- .... and much more!
After the training, you will...
- Understand who is (and is not) entitled to volunteer, and any associated legal issues there may be
- Be able to identify what benefits you can offer your volunteers and how to manage their expenses
- Be confident using the correct volunteering terminology
- Understand what information you should retain under the data protection act.
The finer details.
Cost: VCS organisations: £38.95
Statutory organisations: £48.95
Venue: The Low Barn, Hunsbury Hill Centre, Northampton
Registration and refreshments from 9.15am
The small print.
If you have any questions about this training please contact email@example.com
Bookings for each session will close 3 full days prior to the training. If minimum bookings have not been made the session will be rescheduled.
VIN cancellation policy. Cancellations must be made in writing. Cancellations with less than 7 days' notice, or non-attendance on the day, will incur the full cost of £30.00. VIN is happy to substitute a delegate within the organisation to allow for any emergencies, such as sickness.
When & Where
Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire
Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire delivers countywide voluntary sector support and development on behalf of Northamptonshire County Council. We support voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations to maximise their effectiveness; we enable individuals to contribute to their community through volunteering; and we encourage the VCS to become more flexible in its approach to the current and changing environment.