Do you want to treat vulnerable customers with respect, achieve your commercial goals, and comply with industry codes and law?
Join the growing number of frontline and specialist staff who have completed our practical training.
- Improve your knowledge, skills and confidence in dealing with customers who may have a vulnerability
- Gain an understanding of different types of vulnerability, including mental health conditions
- Learn practical steps to follow that reflect key guidelines and the law
- To improve the knowledge, skills and confidence of delegates when working with customers who may be vulnerable
- To practice using these new skills in the context of your role
This course aims to enable trainees to understand:
- key factors that may impact on vulnerability and categories of vulnerability
- statutory principles under the Mental Capacity Act, including which individuals may act in a legal capacity for the debtor
- the five components of the TEXAS acronym as a tool for dealing with vulnerable factors
- the four points of the Compass technique as a tool for understanding the significance of the vulnerability presented
- different pathways for debtors to obtain free, independent, money advice
The course fee includes free access to the Vulnerabilities e-learning, which is required pre-course work.
The module provides an essential introduction to the concept of vulnerability and explains steps to identify and support vulnerable customers. You’ll also cover potential barriers for vulnerable customers making a disclosure and ways to overcome these, and recognise relevant legislation and the role of the FCA.
On the day
Lunch will be provided and teas and coffees will be available throughout the day.
Cancellation by delegate:
All cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com
100% of course fee is payable for cancellations received 30 days or less before the date of training.
Cancellation by Money Advice Trust:
Course fees will be refunded but we are not able to refund any expenses incurred by individuals/ organisations.