Actions and Detail Panel
Waiting List: Winning Business in Africa
Wed 22 March 2017, 09:00 – 16:00 GMT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
By registering here, you will be placed on the waiting list for this event. A reminder of what the day will cover can be found below:
As part of our extremely popular series of business development visits, we are delighted to announce this special event in which you can meet 1-2-1 with experts from Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Morocco, Kenya and Uganda, and hear about the export opportunities that await your business.
• Six of the world’s ten fastest growing economies over the last decade are African, and half of the global increase in population over the next 40 years will come from Africa.
• Job creation is increasing, and the proportion of people with disposable income in Africa is the fastest growing in the world, predicted to reach 1.1 billion individuals by 2060.
• Africa’s consumer facing industries are expected to grow by more than £260 billion by 2020.
• Increasing urbanisation and technological advances mean the continent has coped well with low oil prices and the aftermath of the Arab spring.
• British companies are in a unique position to tap into this market, ‘Brand Britain’ is held in high regard and products from the UK are considered symbols of quality, tradition and style.
How can you benefit?
Book a 20 minute, 1-2-1 meeting with our country specialists, to find out what opportunities exist in market for your product or service:
Nigeria: James Houston
UK Chairman, Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce
Ghana: Tony Burkson
CEO, British Chamber of Commerce, Ghana
Egypt: Iman al Sherif and Karin van Wesep
Egyptian British Chamber of Commerce
Morocco: Karim Benhaddou
Deputy General Manager, British Chamber of Commerce for Morocco
Kenya: Farida Abbas
CEO, British Chamber of Commerce, Kenya
Uganda: Willy Mutenza
Chair, Uganda UK Convention