WALK DRAW EXPLORE: An Introduction to FIGURATIVE DRAWING & EXPRESSION
Weekly Event - Every Saturday: 13:00 to 16:00 (BST)
Walk, Draw, Explore with a master figurative artist.
Join artist Alvin Kofi over three unique, inspiring and creative afternoon workshops.
A rare opportunity to gain the experience and skills to motivate your own creativity.
This workshop programme is designed to help artists and creative individuals gain the confidence and skills to draw and present the human form confidently. Drawing from African and European classical figurative sculptors from antiquity to the modern day participants will be equipped with the tools and insight to assist them with a range of techniques that can be used in their own creative projects.
Let Alvin Kofi be your guide -examine the first obstacles in drawing the figure from both a realistic and abstract approach to expressing the form. Book for one or all or the following workshops:
- 10th August (1-3.30pm)- Workshop One @ Kofiarts Studio; Draw on a diverse set of techniques and formulae in constructing the human figure. Improve your ability to preset the figure in proportion.
- 17th August (1-3.30pm)- Workshop Two @ Kofiarts Studio; Explore the dynamics of perspective and colour in expressing the form.Learn the basic principles in order to create abstract forms. (Workshop takes place at Kofiarts Studio)
- 31st August (1-3.30pm)- Workshop Three – FREE Walk and draw during an afternoon of figurative exploration at the V&A Museum. Undertake direct drawing studies from classical figurative sculptures exhibited in the exhibition halls.
Book one workshop for £35 or two for £65. All bookings must be made in advance.
For workshops 1 and 2 all equipment will be provided.
For workshop 3 at the V & A please bring an A3 drawing pad, and tools that you would like to use.
For further information contact 07943437619
At KofiArts we aim to make art and the history and culture behind it, more accessible to a diverse audience through exhibitions, walks, talks, artist's mentoring, workshops, activities and events. Join us on our journey of cultural, historical and artistic exploration.
Alvin Kofi is the driving force behind KofiArts. He established a career in the UK art world as a fine artist in the 1990's, and lead the way in his field by producing The Humble range - the first UK distributed black print collection in 1998. His work has been exhibited internationally in the USA, Europe and the Caribbean. As a fine artist he plays with the human form using a rhythmic bold stylized language that gives his work a distinct and unique contemporary expression.
To learn more and view a select of Alvin Kofi's work visit www.kofiarts.com. KofiArts also offers a wide range of quality prints, limited editions, selected originals, general art and design services.
The Art of Love Exhibitions, Art Talks and Art Walks explore the rich legacy that African artists have left and continue to contribute to the world. In this series of events Alvin Kofi covers Ancient Art, West African Art and the Renaissance period. He will regularly be joined by artists and experts from a range of fields to present a unique look into these cultures, events and often misunderstood periods of our history.
The Black Centred Drawing Programme has been designed by Alvin Kofi to inspire individuals to develop and explore their drawing skills. The studio workshops and correspondence courses provide support and guidance to help individuals with their drawing practise. Created from Alvin Kofi's unique perspective and examination of Art and African history.
Other services offered by Kofi Arts
- Talks, workshops, seminars, exhibitions and events.
- Art & Design Consultancy. Business and private commissions are regularly underaken including logo and brand development, murals and potraits, illustration and design.
- 1 to 1 artist's mentoring. Sessions are booked and charged on an hourly basis.
Please contact us to discuss fees and rates.
To learn more about Kofi Arts visit us at
www.kofiarts.com www.meetup.com/kofiarts www.facebook.com/kofi.arts