**Special January 2017 Deal 10% Discount has already been applied to the total cost per ticket for Foundation and Advance Course on Thursday 26th January 2017**
Foundation Course Details
The foundation level of the course is aimed at anyone who generates, handles or manages waste as part of their role within any given business. It provides the information necessary to make astute and efficient waste related decisions, whilst increasing sustainability and improving performance.
This version of the course consists of 5 sessions:
- Waste as a resource - Identifying different types of wastes and their legal definition, and exploring the idea that wastes can be a resource with a potential value
- The environmental impact of waste - Explores how unsustainable our reliance on virgin materials is, and considers what we do with our wastes and how this can impact on the environment
- The cost of managing waste - Explains the hidden costs of managing wastes and the real cost of waste disposal
- Understanding and applying the Waste Hierarchy - This will explain and provide practical examples on application of the Waste Hierarchy
- Legislation and compliance - Gives a fundamental understanding of the different legislation and legal duties that apply to anyone handing waste as part of their job
Advanced Course Details
The advanced course includes the above modules from the Foundation course, but also comprises a further three additional modules:
- How to identify opportunities to reduce waste in the workplace -This session will assist delegates on how they can use the Waste Hierarchy to identify different options for managing wastes within the workplace
- Managing resources and waste in the workplace - Practical approaches to managing resources and waste in the workplace
- How to demonstrate improvements - Measuring, planning and monitoring improvements to the way you manage your waste
Each course concludes with a short assignment based solely on content supplied during the sessions. A certificate is sent out on successful completion of the assignment.
When & Where
London Community Resource Network
LCRN works to help London manage resources sustainably; to maximise environmental and community benefit. Our vision is that of London as a city where communities, enterprises, and the public manage resources sustainably.