Actions and Detail Panel
WBC | Wandsworth School Council Conference
Thu 8 December 2016, 09:00 – 15:30 GMT
At the Youth Momentum2 conference last year, young people said they wanted to learn more about democratic processes and suggested running a school council conference. So we listened...
The School Council Conference is an opportunity for your School Council to receive free training and advice, as well as producing a campaign plan for the year.
The conference is open to secondary schools/colleges across Wandsworth and will alllow young people to network with other school councils or student representative bodies and learn best practice to ensure their council is successful.
Run by the Wandsworth Youth Council, the Participation People and Wandsworth Council with key decision makers from Wandsworth.
Please see our timetable below:
9-9:30am : Registration
9:30- 9:45am : Icebreaker
9:45 - 10:30am: Sharing Best Practice | School Council presentations on successes & challenges
10:30 - 11:30am : What are the big probelms for young people in Wandsworth today? | Prioritise an issue and design a campaign
11:30 - 12:20pm: Dragon's Den with Decision Makers | Pitching campaign ideas. *Prize* for the best idea.
12:20 - 1pm: LUNCH (Bring a packed lunch)
1 - 1:15pm : Energiser
1:15 - 2:30pm: Campaign & Project Planning | Design your campaign strategy and school council projects for the year with school groups
2:30 - 3pm: Evidencing Impact | How to feedback to other young people
3 -3:15pm : Aspiration Session | What do you pledge to achieve?
3:15 - 3:30pm : Evaluations, thanks yous and close!
1. Please REGISTER all participants | School are invited to bring 7 - 10 young people from their school council or student representative body, and 1 -2 members of staff
2. Download the Consent Form | This needs to be completed by all young people attending the conference. These can be returned to Tiffany Brown (email@example.com) or brought on the day.
3. Share your Success | Each School Council is asked to prepare a short 3 - 5 minute presentation about their previous successes and challenges, to present to their peers. (Please let us know in advance if you would like to use Power Point)
4. Campaign Ideas | School Council to come prepped with at least 4 topics for projects/campaigns they would like to run in their schools or ideas about things they would like to change
4. Bring a Packed Lunch | Students and staff are asked to bring a packed lunch for the day. Resfreshments, including water, juice, tea and coffee will be provided.