Award winning musical comedian Kate Lucas is known for her razor sharp and deliciously dark songs. She combines catchy melodies with original lyrics to showcase her playfully bitter musings on life. Audiences have come to expect examples of what not to say and how not to behave from this gloriously talented young comic.
‘A true musical genius’ | Edinburgh Festivals Magazine
In 2014 she took home the title for the prestigious Leicester Mercury New Comedian of the Year and her performances since have been met with huge critical acclaim.
The cost for this day is £75 and includes a pub meal and drink.
Students will be guaranteed stage time with the We Are Funny Project so that lessons can be applied.
Naturally singers, and a whole range of instruments, are welcomed, the principles taught are universal.
The Workshop will feature:
- A look through examples of musical comedy and varying styles
- Improvisation games to get students thinking on their feet
- Group tasks examining the relationship between style and tone
- Feedback on the group tasks
- A look at some of the different approaches to song-writing
- A final task which can be done in small groups, or individually, will be to write your own song (This can be completely original or if you would prefer can be changing the words to an existing song) and present it to the group.
- Exercises designed to warm up voices and get everyone loosened up
- Feedback on each song.
Share with friends