Pub meal and drink are included in the price of £100 "Early Bird" price (available until 6pm March 30th) and £150 "late booker".
Each student will be provided a guaranteed open mic spot in order to apply some of what they will have learned.
Our teacher David has been a Master Trainer of NLP since 1996. He has been a public speaker for over 25 years. Whilst he realised he was a great trainer and speaker he had to admit to himself that he was far from entertaining. To resolve this he used NLP modeling techniques to extract the delivery skills of his favourite comedians. David Spikey, Peter Kay, Jack Dee and Stuart Francis to name but a few.
Jimmy Carr is well known as an NLP enthusiast and is a trained NLP Practitioner.
This a broad and dense topic, this is a focused and detailed introduction to the art and skills and how to apply for comedy effect.
List of matters that would be covered, and skills provided to address or enhance the performance of a comedian:
1. Develop rapport with the crowd with non-verbal communication skills
2. Establish memory and creative techniques for mastering (new) material
3. Banish unpleasant pre-gig nerves
4. Slip into “the zone” or a “flow state” for optimum performance, at will
5. “Read the room” and therefore know which audience members to go to and whom to leave alone.
6. How to “win over” a room by identifying and managing “rapport leaders”
7. Greater control over own performance and audience
8. Learn to be comfortable with silences
9. Avoid being knocked off track by preparing for occasional, yet predictable, events
10. Benefit from lessons learned by modelling skills of established professionals
11. Maintain your state and status throughout a performance
12. Master “Satir Categories”.
We will show you how to add dynamics and energy to your performance, however, these skills can help with a great range of life matters.