Actions and Detail Panel
WebGL Workshop – Learn Programming 3D with WebGL and HTML5
Mon 23 January 2017, 10:00 – 18:00 GMT
WebGL and the WebGL logo are trademarks of the Khronos Group Inc.
WebGL can provide near native performance and is being used for such diverse web applications as: games, advertising, data visualisation, VR, interactive displays, and much more.
This introductory practical hands-on course covers:
● Developing vanilla WebGL
● Development and debugging tools
● Image manipulation and visual effects
● Basic animation and interaction
● The coding APIs: Three.js, Babylon.js and Pixi.js
● Visual IDEs: PlayCanvas and GooCreate
● Performance and best practices
● The future of WebGL
Anyone interested in web development and improving performance, 2D/3D graphics or accessing the GPU.
Anyone looking for a replacement for Flash.
● A laptop with a browser that supports WebGL (http://get.webgl.org/)
● Some features (i.e. loading external scripts, textures and models) require a server
Students should leave the course with the following:
● Hands-on experience coding 3D web pages in WebGL
● Practical knowledge of how to create, deploy and deliver 3D applications and content for desktop web browsers and mobile devices
● The confidence to begin building their own web 3D applications
● How to use shaders and GLSL to write custom graphics effects
● An awareness of the tools and APIs available and some of the many potential use cases
[Course still under development and subject to possible minor changes]
[Thanks to Tony Parisi and "Programming 3D Applications in HTML5 and WebGL" for the inspiration]
10:00 Intro to WebGL (inc breaks)
2:00 Libraries, APIs, frameworks, etc (inc breaks)
Followed by networking, some drinks included
Lunch will be provided and is included in the ticket price (please contact the organisers if you have any special dietary requirements)
Dinner can be provided at an additional cost (please contact the organisers)
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Attendees must be at least 18 years old.