This February, students at over 100 independent colleges will take the National Student Survey for the first time. The results of the survey will be public, they will determine rankings on league tables and be part of the public information provided by government to students, parents and school advisors around the UK.
UK Universities have had over 10 years to develop and refine their strategy to achieving high returns and good results in this survey, yet independent providers will be expected to achieve the same high results on what for many will be their first try.
This webinar will take Independent HE members through some of the strategies for success in NSS, developed over the past decade by high scoring Universities. Led by Policy and Public Affairs Manager Joy Elliott-Bowman, who started working in universities and students unions just as the NSS was launched, this webinar will show attendees just how crucial the 3-6 months before NSS launches is.
Some of the key topics discussed will include:
- Understanding what success in the NSS means
- Developing core strategies for high completion rates
- Supporting students to relate to NSS questions
- Developing comprehensive student survey strategies
- During the survey: supporting students to understand the importance of the survey and where their feedback goes.
- The key role Staff and student representatives play in NSS promotion
- NSS as a year-round activity
This webinar is essential for all those involved in NSS within the college. It is free for Independent HE members and there is no maximum attendance per college. Due to technical issues it will not be recorded to be viewed at a later date.
This free webinar is for Independent Higher Education members only. To book your place please click 'Tickets' above and enter your institution's membership number when prompted to ENTER CODE. You will then be sent a confirmation email with a link to register for the webinar.