What is being spent on CPD by schools? How does it vary? What factors influence it? How are the most effective schools allocating budget to CPD?
In this one-hour seminar from the Teacher Development Trust we will explore the findings of our new analysis of school CPD budgets. Drawing on our detailed CPD audits of over 120 schools, we will explore the extraordinary variation in resourcing for professional development, identifying some of the most promising and effective practices that we have found. We will be joined by special guest, Micon Metcalfe, a Fellow of the National Association of School Business Managers and Finance Director at Dunraven School.
Key questions to be answered:
- What are the patterns of spending on CPD and how can you tell if your school is spending enough?
- What are schools spending on CPD? What budgets is this spending coming from?
- What does the new CPD Standard say about effective resourcing of professional development?
- What are the most effective schools doing around the resourcing of CPD?
- Micon Metcalfe, Finance Director at Dunraven School and Fellow of the National Association of School Business Managers
- David Weston, Chief Executive, Teacher Development Trust, and Chair, DfE CPD Expert Group
- Bridget Clay, Director of School Programmes, Teacher Development Trust