Actions and Detail Panel
Wedding / Event Venue Styling Course - 2 days hands on experience
Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 10:00 – Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 16:30 GMT
This course is a full 2 day hands on training where we will cover:
* How to dress a chair - linen and lycra chair covers, which chairs each style fit,
* The different fabrics; organza, satin, taffeta, lace, flocked etc.
* How to tie a chair sash - the 3 most popular ways including chair drapes, hoods & caps with add-on's such as brooches, clips and flowers
* How to swag a Top Table and Cake Table
* How to create the perfect starlit backdrop with swag including add-on's such as trieste's
* How to create starlit table skirts for the Top Table and Cake Table
* Table linen, hotel & add-on's - Table runners
* The importance of a theme
Creating a number of different style centrepieces:-
* fish bowls, stacked fish bowls
* rustic charm - hessian and lace jars, watering cans and jugs
* Vintage chic - lace crystal glass jars
* candelabra with different candles, pearls, beads, garlands,
* fantasy with crystal accents, lights, feathers
* crystal chandelier with ivory/white flower dome
* martini vase with same flower dome but additional colour
Top Table decor to match theme and centrepiece styling 'The Long and Low' trend
We will create a mock up Civil Ceremony with aisle decor, and mock table designs enabling you to take plenty of photographs for use in your design portfolio.
You will receive a copy of The Venue Dressers Bible exclusive to TWSS, which contains lots of useful information, tips and advice from dealing with Brides to how to approach venues, it contains draft booking forms, terms and conditions, lists of suppliers and much more..... This can not be bought and is only available to students of TWSS!
You will also gain access to our secret Facebook group where we will always be on hand to answer any questions you may have, and you can post photographs of your work for all your fellow students to see.
We will also offer you the opportunity to purchase either a complete start up package of styling equipment or particular ones to suit your needs, should you wish. Please note that this is completely optional.
The advanced course to this will again be hands on and will cover:-
* Wall draping
* Ceiling and light canopy
* Wedding canopy, different looks
* Flower wall
* Large floral centrepieces
* Plus much more.
(Should we have spare time, we will touch on the advanced course topcis on the beginners course.)
A discount of £50 is offered to the first 5 students to book as an early bird incentive making the cost £300 as opposed to £350 plus EventBrite fees. Don't miss out!
An additional discount is offered to 2 people booking at the same time making it just £287.50 each!
Please note - the Hotel venue will be confirmed by the end of the month which will be just outside Birmingham. In the unfortunate circumstance of ticket sales not reaching the minimum number required by the hotel, the course will be postponed for 2 months.